640 x 480 Freezing Problem / mic gain
Posted: 03 February 2010 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-02-03

Ok.. So I can run in 320 x 240 with no issues at all.. if I am in 640 x 480 mode it freezes and just repeats the last couple frames. This is regardless of frame rate settings.

I’m testing on my EeePC 1002HA with 2 gig of ram, running windows 7 (32bit of course).

When it happens the cpu usage never goes above 34% and ram stays below 40%.

Some times it will run a minute or two before it freezes.. other times it will freeze instantly.

I’m using the newest drivers, and the problem occurs with the test program and any other program I have tried.

*for the sake of it. I tried it on another EeePC with the faster processor but less ram, Same results.

I don’t know if its related or not, but I cant seem to adjust the gain of the mic at all. I’m trying to use it to record lectures in my embedded systems class.

The higher resolution would be very helpful.

Any suggestions?

*edit*
also Yahoo does not find the camera

Skype seems fine

AIM I have yet to test.

Tested AIM, also does not detect the camera.

Thanks

Posted: 03 February 2010 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
Esylin - 03 February 2010 11:08 AM

Ok.. So I can run in 320 x 240 with no issues at all.. if I am in 640 x 480 mode it freezes and just repeats the last couple frames. This is regardless of frame rate settings.

I’m testing on my EeePC 1002HA with 2 gig of ram, running windows 7 (32bit of course).

When it happens the cpu usage never goes above 34% and ram stays below 40%.

Some times it will run a minute or two before it freezes.. other times it will freeze instantly.

I’m using the newest drivers, and the problem occurs with the test program and any other program I have tried.

*for the sake of it. I tried it on another EeePC with the faster processor but less ram, Same results.

I don’t know if its related or not, but I cant seem to adjust the gain of the mic at all. I’m trying to use it to record lectures in my embedded systems class.

The higher resolution would be very helpful.

Any suggestions?

*edit*
also Yahoo does not find the camera

Skype seems fine

AIM I have yet to test.

Tested AIM, also does not detect the camera.

Thanks

You might have the issue with high DPC latency on your machine. Check the DPC latency and make sure you don’t have any red spikes. You can also run the camera with the DPC latency tool and see if there are spikes when the camera drops happen.

Posted: 04 February 2010 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-03

Correct. It does spike to 4000 uS for about 5 counts when it freezes. Other than that it sits around 250 uS the rest of the time. with a small 2500 uS spike every now and again.

Any Idea’s?

Posted: 04 February 2010 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-03

Aside from the spikes and what not.. any reason AIM and Yahoo wont find the camera?

Ok.. I take it back.. the DPC spikes seem un-related.. it sometimes will freeze on the spikes. Sometimes it freezes when there are no spikes around.

I really hope to sort this out.

Posted: 08 February 2010 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-03

OK.. so an update.. The regular spikes I was having were being caused by the battery monitoring. If I take the battery out of the laptop it works fine. I can stream and record in 640x480. However my DCP is in the yellow most of the time when recording.

AIM and Yahoo still do not recognize the camera. But hey.. at least I can record my classes, when I have an outlet. HA

I hope this helps.

Posted: 08 February 2010 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
Esylin - 08 February 2010 12:13 PM

OK.. so an update.. The regular spikes I was having were being caused by the battery monitoring. If I take the battery out of the laptop it works fine. I can stream and record in 640x480. However my DCP is in the yellow most of the time when recording.

AIM and Yahoo still do not recognize the camera. But hey.. at least I can record my classes, when I have an outlet. HA

I hope this helps.

That’s a good news. I’m glad you got it working.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed