Last Driver: DirectShow GetFormat() problem
Posted: 02 February 2010 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2010-01-15

I’m not sure if this problem appeared with the latest version of the driver or it happened before, but I’m finding out that with latest driver at least SetFormat call works only when the DirectShow filter is already connected. In unconnected state, somehow AvgTimePerFrame is getting ignored.

Also, Alex I think you should change the logic and in case of client setting AvgTimePerFrame and calling SetFormat that doesn’t match exactly your caps, you should find closest value from what client is requesting, instead of defaulting to highest framerate (that’s what I see on my machine).

Posted: 02 February 2010 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
igor1960 - 02 February 2010 09:13 PM

I’m not sure if this problem appeared with the latest version of the driver or it happened before, but I’m finding out that with latest driver at least SetFormat call works only when the DirectShow filter is already connected. In unconnected state, somehow AvgTimePerFrame is getting ignored.

Also, Alex I think you should change the logic and in case of client setting AvgTimePerFrame and calling SetFormat that doesn’t match exactly your caps, you should find closest value from what client is requesting, instead of defaulting to highest framerate (that’s what I see on my machine).

The SetFormat() actually works even when the filter is not connected to the graph. You can verify this by adding the filter to the GraphStudio (GraphEdit), setting the desired format and then connecting and running the graph.
Anyways, thanks for your feedback. We are currently very much focused on the CL-Eye SDK and we’ll revisit the DirectShow when we get to it.

Posted: 02 February 2010 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2010-01-15

ALex,
You missunderstood me:
I’m talking about calling SetFormat on IAMStreamConfig of output pin from DirectShow code and not through your Property Page.

Posted: 02 February 2010 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
igor1960 - 02 February 2010 11:34 PM

ALex,
You missunderstood me:
I’m talking about calling SetFormat on IAMStreamConfig of output pin from DirectShow code and not through your Property Page.

In my property page internally this is exactly what I call, so it should be equivalent to what you see from the outside.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed