Solved Issues VS 2017, CLEye driver and 4 Cameras
Posted: 26 December 2017 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2017-12-21

So after a very long frustrating holiday weekend (including missing my plans to use my newly purchased cameras and software from Code Laboratories - for a holiday broadcast) I solved my inability to use the SDK and cameras with Visual Studio 2017 and Windows 10.

My goal was to use a (4) cameras with Open Broadcast Software (OBS) and that proved impossible using the CLeyedriver without a custom program. After purchasing the CLEye driver I ran out and gleefully bought more cameras only to hit a brick wall as OBS would only detect 1 camera because that is all the driver purposefully allowed.

I was beyond frustrated by the lack of support and even more frustrated that the provided code did simply provide a straightforward option to have all detected cameras show normally in independent windows right out of the box. For some reason, the devs decided to randomly spin cameras, make them black and white and zoom. In addition, the C++ side of the SDK was a VS 2010 solution which was not compatible with VS 2017 which is the only version currently available. These issues may have fine a seasoned developer to tackle but for someone that’s a jack of all trades but master of none like myself it was a pain in the arse. I was just about to give up and request my money back when I finally made forward progress. I was determined not to have to buy more expensive webcams and finally, it paid off.

So if you’re here like me and were trying to get multiple cameras working so you can use them with OBS here’s my solution:

I modified the C# program :CLEyeMulticamWPFTest to have each camera display in an independent window. In OBS I use Window Capture and it works fine.  The C# examples compile fine in VS 2017.

If you need some help getting something like this working let me know. I’m glad to help out so no one else suffers that frustration that I experienced these past 3-4 days.

You will need to buy:
CLEye Driver
CLEye Platform SDK (Because you will need the included utility activate cameras with the license in the Activation Pack)
Camera Activation Packs*

*Before you invest in the camera activation pack you try it with two cameras with the SDK license.

I hope I’m correct on this all. God knows I tried a million things to make this work for me.

Posted: 06 April 2018 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-04-06

Hey there,

I appreciate that you took the time to post your findings in here because I am experiencing the exact same thing.
I just bought a second PS3 eye camera and the CL SDK and already had the driver. I noticed that OBS only detects one of the cameras, and after a bunch of research here I am.

I am downloading Visual Studio 2017 Community to try emulating what you tried.

If it is not too much to ask, do you mind sharing a snippet of what you had to change?

Thank you so much.

Posted: 06 April 2018 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2017-12-21
Polo D. Reynaga - 06 April 2018 07:19 PM

Hey there,

I appreciate that you took the time to post your findings in here because I am experiencing the exact same thing.
I just bought a second PS3 eye camera and the CL SDK and already had the driver. I noticed that OBS only detects one of the cameras, and after a bunch of research here I am.

I am downloading Visual Studio 2017 Community to try emulating what you tried.

If it is not too much to ask, do you mind sharing a snippet of what you had to change?

Thank you so much.

No problem! I’m glad to help. I can either provide the visual studio solution or the compiled version that runs flat out. It’s not pretty but it works perfectly with OBS now. To re-clarify how it works:

The program opens, detects the cameras (up to 4 currently) and then creates a small window for each camera. In OBS you set it to capture the contents of each window (not the camera directly.)

If you want to PM me your email we can discuss how to get you what you need.

Posted: 29 May 2018 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-05-29

Hi Jon,

I sent you a pm, but im not sure it really did. But Im interested in the compiled version😁

If the pm’s are not working, please email me : lex @ pliex.nl
Thnx!
Lex

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed