ps3 eye microphone initialization
Posted: 18 January 2011 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-18

i have a simple problem with the ps3 eye drivers: when leaving the eye plugged in, upon a reboot (or hard shutdown and restart) of the computer, the microphone will not initialize, and i must unplug and then replug in the camera.  for some reason this didn’t used to happen with the older drivers, when it was just alexp’s release rather than under cl-eye.  any clue as to why this happens?

Posted: 11 February 2011 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-11

Can only confirm this issue.
Target OS Windows 7 x64, driver version 4.0.2.1017.
After some investigation and playing around:
Disbaled all other recording devices (soundcard line-in, mic etc.), set Microphone USB Camera-B4.04.27.1 as default device.
Still have issue.
Another thing to think about:
Mic gain Level on Levels tab of Microphone USB Camera-B4.04.27.1 Properies sheet are locked on +6.0 db (even if it is functioning ), can not change it, the only option available here is mute on/off.
No other application started ( clean restart, avast antivirus only started automaticaly, Realtek HD Audio manager (my soundacrd control center) removed from autostart (suspected concurrency issue, but that was not))

As result:
Sometimes (does not found exact reason, mainly after reboot or hybernate) mic stops functioning. Till now the only way to get it back is unplug/plug camera again.

As far as i see alot of guys having such troubles, probably its time to workaround ???

As for me , i am ready to provide any help by performing any suggested tests and post any possible logs if necessary.

Posted: 11 July 2011 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-07-11

Same issue, reboot, PS3 Eye is no longer there.

Same issue with microphone, so low cannot be heard.

Other than it not working very well, it is good.

Posted: 11 July 2011 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-11

I have better results when I manually update driver to a standard USB audio device, it is now audible to others when I talk.
Try it if you have the low volume issue I did.

Posted: 11 July 2011 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-11
conee - 18 January 2011 02:42 PM

i have a simple problem with the ps3 eye drivers: when leaving the eye plugged in, upon a reboot (or hard shutdown and restart) of the computer, the microphone will not initialize, and i must unplug and then replug in the camera.  for some reason this didn’t used to happen with the older drivers, when it was just alexp’s release rather than under cl-eye.  any clue as to why this happens?

Posted: 15 July 2011 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-08

who cares, the ps eye wasnt even supposed to work on computer. be grateful you found a way to fix it. :O)

Posted: 16 July 2011 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-11
theryan6003 - 15 July 2011 07:01 AM

who cares, the ps eye wasnt even supposed to work on computer. be grateful you found a way to fix it. :O)

Yes, that seems to be about the size of it, here.

Posted: 10 August 2011 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-08-10

I have the same issue

(Mic gain Level on Levels tab of Microphone USB Camera-B4.04.27.1 Properies sheet are locked on +6.0 db)

The mic works it is just very quiet and can not be adjusted in volume in this driver.

Is there any work around or fix for this?

Posted: 14 August 2011 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-11

nraven99, this is how it works.

Posted: 15 February 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-15

I`m having the same issue. OS win 7 x64

Every time that i put the computer to sleep after walking it up,i have to unplug and replug the camera in order to function.
I have disabled EIST,C1E and usb selective suspend with no luck in solving the problem.

Another problem is that some times after unpluging the camera in order to fix the mic issue then video capture stops functioning and the only way to fix it is by restarting the pc.

I don`t have any issues regarding volume and in general the driver is behaving ok.

I appreciate the fact that someone made a good driver for “ps eye” and i thank him for doing it and sharing it but the fact is that i haven`t “found a way to fix” my “ps eye” camera that i owned,i bought it after i`ve found the drivers.If i knew about this problem maybe i wouldn`t.

Posted: 28 February 2012 05:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-15

Happily i saw in the new driver`s (ver.5.0.1.0218) changelog reporting that the mic problem is solved.
- Fixed known issue needing to re-plug cameras after restart

Unfortunately it is not.The problem persists.

I tried also to hook the camera on a powered usb hub but it shows the same behavor.

Posted: 04 June 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-06-04

After installing the latest driver (5.0.1.0218) my Mic wasn’t working. I’d previously got it working by editing the registry as advised here
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2416&page=3

I checked installing the new driver hadn’t overwritten this registry edit, which it hadn’t and rebooted but that didn’t help but after reading this thread I unplugged it and now it’s working again. I use a powered hub, so I guess it needed to be power-cycled to start working. I’ll have to see if it continues working without needing to be unplugged again.

I’m running Win7 x64 Ultimate and under the Mic Properties - Levels the slider is not adjustable and the box shows 0.0db.

Posted: 16 February 2013 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-02-15

I’m having the same issue.  Is there no fix yet?

Posted: 26 February 2015 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2015-02-26

I use the 5.3 driver, but the microphon isn’t working. What is the problem?  the driver is installed well, but the mic properties not aktive.
There is newer driver which is resolve this probleme?

Posted: 23 March 2017 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-03-22

Hi,
I know this is an old thread but I just got my hands on a PS3 eye and solved this anomaly at least for me.

The problem is in the PS3 eye hardware-firmware .

When +5v is supplied to the usb ports after the pc is turned off the camera firmware hangs and disables the microphone. You might turn your PC on but the
camera was never turned off so the firmware stays in hanged position. Only unplugging the webcam can resolve this.

Solution:

You need to turn off power to the usb ports on the computer when PC is in OFF state.
With Gigabyte it it called ERP and it is needed to be enabled, also disable any legacy usb supports as well. (BIOS)

Check motherboard manual power saving section usually it is advertised as charging phones after PC shutdown, disable this!!
Do this and audio will work without any problems after that.

System used Win7 64bit
Driver used CL-Eye-Driver-5.3.0.0341

Hope this helps someone…

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed