Can’t adjust mic volume
Posted: 03 December 2014 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-12-03

I understand from my searching that the CL driver only handles video, but I can’t find an answer and this seems as good a place as any: I can’t adjust the microphone level for the Eye’s built in microphone. The slider doesn’t move in windows, and I haven’t been able to find any registry hack or something to do it. How can I boost the damn volume?

So that I’m not DenverCoder9, I’ve finally found a hacky workaround: Use virtual audio cable to move the audio from Microphone to Line 1 (it’s automatically replicated to VAC’s virtual mic). Use Hotto Audio Compressor and Limiter (free) to boost the gain.

Posted: 23 December 2014 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Thank you for the workaround, I’m sure other users will benefit from your description.

Posted: 04 May 2015 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-05-04

Another alternative in the same path is using voicemeeter (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/index.htm) it includes the middleware virtual audio cable driver and the gain booster application in one package, effectively solving the lack of gain controls in the mic with one installer, and it is free to use

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed