SKYPE and PS3 EYE compatibility issues NOV 2012 - please read!!!!!!
Posted: 25 November 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-11-25

I bought a new PC and after spending about 4 hours of trying to get my PS3 Eye camera to work with Skype (which has worked together on all other computers i have owned previously) I was scratching my head as to what the issue was.

It has nothing to do with the activation of the camera using the CL Device manager nor do you have to purchase credits for this to work.

It basically boils down to the compatibility of either the new CL driver software or the newest version of Skype (6.something). Either way these dont work with each other yet for whatever reason.

Anyways if you are just installing the CL Driver software for personal use (to use in skype) you need to go to

YOU MUST UNINSTALL THE CURRENT VERSION OF SKYPE ON YOUR PC BEFORE YOU CAN INSTALL THE NEW ONE!!!

http://www.oldversion.com/download-Skype-5.0.0.152.html

This seems to be a quick fix and you could lose some skype functionality (as its an older version) but if you are just chatting/camming then this should be fine.
You can even go on the site and get newer/older versions and if you like, see if they work for you.

Hope this helps some of you having issues like i did and i hope there is a hotfix by either party in the near future.

Posted: 08 December 2012 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-08

Thank you Kidda, I’ve read the solution here before in an other place but it’s more easier like that in first post.
I’ve re-installed skype 6 accidentally so i think i’ll keep the file of skype 5.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed