PS Eye Microphone stops working every now and then?
Posted: 04 October 2011 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-10-04

Well , i’ve been using the CL Eye drivers for a month or two now (For Skype) and I only use the microphone built in.

When I first installed the drivers, they didn’t work and after restarting my PC , unplugging and replugging, updating drivers and just generally messing around, I got it to work (after 20 minutes or so) and it worked for one day.

The next day when I turned my pc on again, and Skype basically said “Sound drivers not found for your mic, try restarting your pc so Skype can find them, ” it still didn’t work, also it isn’t just Skype , the windows Sound Recorder says “An audio recording device cannot be found.”

So I begin the installation process from scratch again, uninstall all traces of CL Eye, use CCleaner to make sure all temp files are cleared up and download the single camera drivers again, and again they don’t work straight away and after several hours of messing again, they are eventually working again.

Now this is a weekly/daily occurance , I say Weekly because they once lasted for 5-ish days, but the problem is, i don’t know what i’m doing to fix it each time, and some times it can take hours of screwing around to get the mic functioning again.

So today (after weeks of searching for help) I decided to ask for help myself, so if anyone can give me a straight answer or, if they require any more information ,please smile

Posted: 01 November 2011 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Could you describe in more detail the steps you have dome to get the microphone working the first time?

Posted: 27 December 2011 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-23

Mine has starting doing this too.
I’ve been using it on XP for a couple of years and upgraded my PC about a year ago but the problems have only just started so I’m guessing its a conflict with software that I’ve added lately. I use a lot of software for Uni so I couldn’t really narrow it down without any clues.
I’m going to remove it and do a fresh install and see how it goes anyway.

Posted: 01 July 2012 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-06-29

i’ve got this problem to.
it doesn’t so much completely stop working, it just starts outputting static all of a sudden for no reason.
win7 x64, latest CL drivers.
doesn’t seam to triggered by any one app, just starts happening.
also, when it does work my voice deepens by a couple of notes.

Posted: 16 July 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-06-29

update: i’ve found unchecking “allow app to take exclusive control of this device” in the microphones advanced properties window solves the problem.

update 2: no it doesn’t.

Posted: 17 July 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-17

I have a similar problem. I had this driver on Vista few months ago and it worked fine. Now, i’m trying to install it at Win 7 (x86), the video works great (even on Skype) but no microphone. I read on another topic that the driver it’s just for the video, and that the microphone’s driver it’s up do windows, but my Win 7 just can’t solve this. On System Settings I see that the “USB Camera-b4.09.24.1” can’t initiate. I try to update it’s driver, but windows says its already up to date. I tried to solve this installing the most recent Realtek audio driver, but it had no effect at all…
can somebody help me?

Edit: On Ubuntu the ps eye works great. The video it’s good and no driver installation it’s required, but also i couldn’t manage mic to work.

Edit2: Well, after several tests (on X86 and x64) i could manage the usb driver to be recognized by the Cl test, BUT, still no sound… When i go to the control panel, Soung, microfone, the volume of mic it’s 0.0 db and i can’t slide it to increase it.
I installed the driver, then i reinstalled it with the camera pluged into the USB port, then i just reboot the system. When i boot the system with the ps eye already pluged, CL TEST (and programas like SKYPE, MSN…) recognize a “USB MICROPHONE”, but i can’t get any sound, just like i said…. Can’t anybody give me a hint? I’d really apreciate that! thank you.

Posted: 21 July 2012 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-06-29

i’ve been messing around some more trying to find apps that trigger the static.
so far it looks like freetrack and duam potplayer kick it off for some reason.
it seamed to start when i closed potplayer…?
hard to say though, it looks pretty random.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed