Drivers not working after win7 restart. need to replug!
Posted: 10 November 2011 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-10-25

hi im building a multitouchtable with 4 ps eyes. the problem so far is that after a win7 reboot the cams are not detected anymore by the cl-eye device manager. seems like the driver cannot be loaded. win device manager says:
“Dieses Gerät wurde angehalten, weil es Fehler gemeldet hat. (Code 43)” This device stopped, because it reported an error (code 43)

after repluging the cameras to the usb port, the driver loads and the cams work as expected.
i tried on two different computers, one with win7 32 bit and one with win7 64 bit. same result on both. the problem exists both for the directshow and for the multicam driver…

need this problem fixed, because the table has to run out of the box after boot up…

any help apreciated…

Posted: 15 November 2011 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-25

turns out im having this isue allready discussed here:

http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/487/

unplugging the power or switching off the mainpower button helps detecting the cams correctly after restart. didnt found any bios setting for cutting off the usb power after restart though. anyways this issue should be solved in the driver not with some hacks…

tried on 4 different machines now, all had the same problem! looks like a serious bug to me. any clean solution to this on the driver side?

Posted: 22 November 2011 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

We are working on the updated version of the driver that among other things fixes this issue.

elektromeier - 15 November 2011 03:40 AM

turns out im having this isue allready discussed here:

http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/487/

unplugging the power or switching off the mainpower button helps detecting the cams correctly after restart. didnt found any bios setting for cutting off the usb power after restart though. anyways this issue should be solved in the driver not with some hacks…

tried on 4 different machines now, all had the same problem! looks like a serious bug to me. any clean solution to this on the driver side?

Posted: 28 February 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-15

Has there been any movement on this update?

Posted: 22 March 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-20

1st I am sort of relieved that I am not the only one having this issue. I’m running Windows 7 64bit and my cam driver crashes on shutdown/startup and is seen in device manager as an unrecognized device. It also throws a code43. Keep in mind that I am also running the mist current iteration of the driver which is said to address having to unplug and plug cam back in on startup and I continue to have the crashing issue.
If it’s true that the cam will be recognized if power source is turned off and on then I may have a crude work around. Now I’ve yet to test it but the idea seems sound. I am running a pc connected to a smart power strip. Now if I switch my computer plug from an always on outlet to one controlled by the master outlet(in this case my tv)then when the tv(computer monitor) is turned off after a shutdown of the computer power will be suspended to the computer until tv is turned on again. As I said..very crude..I will test this tomorrow but as stated it’s no replacement for a fix within the driver itself. If there are any more solutions/updates please keep me in the loop.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed