Device inited , how to now about it ?
Posted: 11 January 2011 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-12-20

Hi, im using C# SDK, is there a way to know if a camera is already grabbing ? My plugin use an int value to instantiate cameras device, would like ot avoid to instantiate a camera that is already grabbing in another plugin.

Posted: 12 January 2011 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Hi bcaa,

You could instantiate the cameras by GUID. Each camera has a unique ID key, so you store this and call it when instantiation is required. In order for that to work your other plugin must consistantly pick the same camera.

I can see the challenges within what you are trying to do. how much control do you have over these plugins?

-KS

Posted: 12 January 2011 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-12-20

Hi kshaaban, thank for your interest, actually i developed a plugin which let us choose one of the cameradevice available, so we will have more then one plugin running, and i wanted to avoid the “error” to choose a GUID already in use.
The control achieved is total, i mean i can choose, colormode, resolution, framerate, and alla the aprameters neeeded, then it is copied to a texture ready to use into vvvv platform.

Actually we just use the righ GUID and make it ordered, was just a curiosity about SDK.

Just we still have this problem, really can’t understand it : http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/487/

any hint is appreciated smile

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed