Help on Windows XP x32
Posted: 10 January 2010 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-01-10

Hi, I’m having the same problem on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine. Installation aborted after seeing a dialog with the message “connecting to host”.

Pinging codelaboratories.com and 64.250.227.227 both returned 100% loss of all 4 packets. Flushing DNS or turning off firewall didn’t do the trick for me. I’m not using any proxy for both IE and Firefox. I have no problem viewing the codelaboratories.com website using either browser.

I’m using a hardware router and ClamWin antivirus. I doubt these two are causing the issue. What’s left to try?

I think we can easily avoid this problem if CodeLaboratories provide us link to two different driver package:
1) partial w/ additional download
2) full

arlanda

Posted: 11 January 2010 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-11

hows it goin, ive gotten mine to install after a few tries, but my cam freezes after about 10 seconds, does ne1 hav ne suggestions??  id really appreciate it

Posted: 14 January 2010 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-12-31

I’ve uninstalled the drivers through the device manager, but everytime I plug in the camera, it’s still able to identify it as USB Camera-B4.04.27.1 and also USB Composite Device.  Is it normal for the camera to get recognized like that?  Did I fail to fully uninstall and if so how can I do this???

EDIT: I time out during the WdfCoInstaller01009.dll download…only gets to about 600kB

Posted: 14 January 2010 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
darthmilon - 14 January 2010 03:16 PM

I’ve uninstalled the drivers through the device manager, but everytime I plug in the camera, it’s still able to identify it as USB Camera-B4.04.27.1 and also USB Composite Device.  Is it normal for the camera to get recognized like that?  Did I fail to fully uninstall and if so how can I do this???

What driver version? The latest driver automatically uninstall itself when you remove it through ‘Add and remove programs’. There is no need to uninstall drivers manually anymore.

AlexP

Posted: 14 January 2010 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-14

i have been having the same problem and i’m running windows xp sp3 with full updates…. mine gets through the install ok and i have been trying with the camera plugged in and also out but either way the driver for the camera doesn’t seem to install.. afterwards i’m still having to try and use the windows hardware installer to find a driver. is there a driver on it’s own that i can point the installer towards…. thanks for your help on this one…. i have loved using the ps3 cam before on the pc

Posted: 05 February 2010 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-05

I am also on a Windows x64 system and am also getting the same errors as arlanda.

I cannot ping your website but I can view it in every browser known to man (including native IE6). Can you guys not package the drivers in the setup… why do we have to download them twice?

Posted: 04 May 2010 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-05-04

Even i m facing a similar problem whr the downloading fails for the file winusbcoinstaller2.dll .
Is this the same issue or different

Posted: 17 August 2010 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-17

I’m getting the same “resolving host” message and installation cancellation with my Windows XP x32 laptop.  I checked Device Manager and found—to my surprise—that Windows deemed the device working properly.  To some extent, that’s true.

The audio portion of my PlayStation Eye seems to work just fine in Google Voice and Video Chat.  I can hear the microphone test sound as well as see and hear that my voice is being registered via my PlayStation Eye.  However, Google VVC doesn’t recognize the camera at all. 

I have the same problem pinging the Code Laboratories servers as many other people and I’m clueless as to how to fix this issue.  Is there any way we can get the drivers sans the installer?

Posted: 22 June 2011 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-06-21

I found it useful!

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed