Unable to get 2 PS3 Eye cams working
Posted: 07 October 2010 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-07

For some reason I’m unable to get two PS3 cams to work with the CL-Test app.
I’ve attached pictures of my device manager showing two PS3 Eyes installed correctly.  I’ve also attached the CL Device Manager screenshot that shows two PS3 Eyes but when I open the CL-Test app (see screenshot) you’ll notice that I’m unable to flip between the two.

Is there something I’m doing wrong?  Do I need to enable it somehow?  Any help is greatly appreciated smile

Posted: 08 October 2010 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Hi Firewalker96,

I cant seem to see any of your screenshots.

I don’t think that’s necessarily in the specification to be able to flip between various connected web cams in the CL-Eye Test. Its just a test to ensure connectivity. Given that both of the cameras are showing up in device manager is probably confirmation enough that the cameras are working.

If you want to see the feeds from the two cameras. you might want to try some of the sample programs from the SDK samples folder. CLEyeMulticam or CLEyeStereoVision both use more than one camera.

khaled

Posted: 09 October 2010 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-06-21

I am having the same problem: OpenCV, AMCAP both can only detect ONE camera though I have two installed. If I unplug one, the other one shows up, vice versa. I did add credits for two camera.

Posted: 10 October 2010 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Hi Pylin,

Are you using OpenCV to initialise the cameras?

I’ve not been using OpenCV for that long so correct me if I am wrong I don’t think OpenCV is able to open more than one PS3 Eye camera, unless they are from separate interfaces (e.g. 1x Frewire and 1x USB) which is therefore not possible.

Based on the way the CLEye Camera manager works. You would first need to use the SDK to initialise the cameras and then take the frames and process them however you wish using OpenCV.

There’s a lot of sample code within the SDK and sample files to help get you familiar with the functions.

Khaled

Posted: 10 October 2010 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-06-21

I can open up two or more USB webcam in OpenCV and which I did before I tried to use PS3.

OK, I will try to use SDK.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed