CL-Eye Test Failure on Win7 x64
Posted: 01 September 2010 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-09-01

I’m using Win7 x64 with driver ver. 4.0.1.0501

The CL-Eye Test app crashes immediately after I run it.
Another application I tried that uses the DirectShow Filter also doesn’t seem to work correctly.  I tried to manually register the filter:
regsvr32.exe “C:\Program Files (x86)\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Driver\PS3EyeAxFilter.ax”

which said it worked, but I still get crashes.

The opencv based applications in the SDK all seem to work ok.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, reboot, etc ...  but got the same result.

Any ideas?

Posted: 01 September 2010 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-09-01

I’ve got the same problem on my Win7 x64 with the latest driver.
Camera is available in device manager and all test applications in SDK works OK.

but none of regular apps like Skype, Flash and others recognize a camera in system.
also CL-EyeTest cant detect the camera…

Posted: 03 September 2010 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-01

I checked Skype and my camera works fine there.
I don’t know if Skype uses the DirectShow filter, I’m guessing that it does.

So maybe something other than CL-Eye is messed up on my system that is confusing both the Test app and the application I’m actually trying to run.

Posted: 03 September 2010 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Hi,

Yes, Skype uses DirectShow filter so if your camera works with Skype chances are that PS3EyeAxFilter.ax was registered correctly.
In the CL-EyeTest check what other devices show up in the ‘Devices’ menu.

Posted: 03 September 2010 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-01

CL-Eye Test crashes during startup so I can’t get far enough to check devices.

I found a DirectShow filter manager app that lists all the filters ... when I show just Video Capture sources, I have two listed.
One is the PS3Eye Camera ... the other lists its name as “?” with no module or CLSID either.

I tried to remove it but it won’t go away. Maybe this is causing the problem with both your test app and mine too.

Skype apparently handles the bad filter more gracefully ... and I know from looking at the source that my other app is just asking for the first camera available so no surprise that its not working either.

I was able to modify the source code for my application to use the sdk multicam driver instead of the DirectShow filter ... so this is more of an annoyance than a critical issue.

I know edge cases like this are hard to come by, so I’d be happy to work with you on getting the test app to at least not crash during device enumeration smile

Any ideas on how to unregister a directshow filter manually (is it buried in the registry somewhere)

Posted: 07 September 2010 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

So to find what filters are registered under ‘Video Capture Sources’ category in DirectShow open regedit and open the following key (assuming x64 Windows):
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{860BB310-5D01-11d0-BD3B-00A0C911CE86}\Instance

You’ll see the guid of all the filters there. Carefully open those subkeys and delete the one that causes problems.
I’d recommend you backup that subkey before doing this just to be safe.

AlexP

Posted: 10 September 2010 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-01

Problem fixed, thanks. I had installed the Axis IP-Camera capture filter a while back and I guess it didn’t uninstall correctly.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed