anybody matlab?
Posted: 26 March 2010 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-03-22

anybody tried to access the CL-eye with the matlab imaq (image acquisition toolbox)?
my matlab 2008b either crashes, or only recognizes my laptop-built-in webcam upon imaqhwinfo.
thanks for any reply!

Posted: 07 June 2010 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-04-08

hi georgfly,

just tried today and seemed to work fine for me. With a Logitech Quickcam and the PSeye plugged in,  imaqhwinfo returns 2 devices managed through ‘winvideo’ and the second one appears to be the PSEye. I have only done a few basic steps like the ones described in the help file (type “webcam” as a request you’ll find it quickly) but, even though I grabbed only 10 frames and did not try working with a proper video flow, I’m confident it should work for more advanced operation.

I’ll keep you updated if I get any further.

Posted: 25 July 2010 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-25

I’ve never been able to get matlab working with the ps3eye and I’ve tried multiple drivers, multiple computers, multiple ps3eye cameras, and multiple versions of matlab.  I always have the same problem as georgfly.

Spacesheep: Are you sure you’re not just capturing frames from your logitech quickcam? If so, please tell me what versions of matlab and which drivers you are using.

Posted: 26 July 2010 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-08

I’m using Matlab R2006b (7.3.0.267) and the latest driver available from CL. I have not gone much further than what I previously described by lack of time but I’m 100% positive the frames are from the PS3Eye and it definitely works without the Logitech Quickcam plugged in.

I attach my Matlab functions for initializing the camera if this can be of any help. Note you can open them as such in any text editor to have a look.

To use them, copy all the files in your Matlab folder (or another one that you’ll need to add to the path), rename them as .m instead of .txt and run VideoPS3Eye05.m after changing the file path for the snapshot.

NB: the snapshot is actually an average over the last 30 frames of an acquisition of 120 frames. This was for the specific need of some measurements and was the most reliable and quickest to implement I could think of at that time because of the bulk data protocole of the PS3Eye that implies a non predictable latency as you will observe if you select the video (‘v’) mode in VideoPS3Eye05.m (a few plots to observe the latency…).

Hope this helps, do not forget to use “delete(vid)” and “clear vid” when you’re done (deallocates memory or equivalent).

Good luck and keep me updated if you get anywhere. I myself am interested in implementing colour tracking.

File Attachments
CamAutodetect10.txt  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 1266)
CamAutoassign10.txt  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 1085)
InitCam10.txt  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 1222)
QuickPreview10.txt  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 1126)
VideoPS3Eye05.txt  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 1444)

Posted: 26 July 2010 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-25

spacesheep: Thanks for the effort, but when matlab doesn’t even detect the ps3eye those scripts can’t work. The only difference between your systems and mine is the version of Matlab (I’ve never used anything prior to the 2008 version). This makes me think that the drivers are no longer compatible with modern versions of the program :(.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed