CLEyeTest works fine, samples/code do not
Posted: 25 October 2012 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-10-25

Hello,

I’m trying to get the PS Eye camera running with OpenCV and C++. I was able to properly get it running, though the camera would only get a frame every 10 seconds. Though, when using the camera in CLEyeTest.exe or Skype, the framerate was at the expected 30 fps, picture was just fine.
Any time I tried running it on my code, or also on the precompiled samples that come with the CL SDK (CLMultiCamTest, CLWPFTest), the framerate will drop drastically, first showing a gray image, then after about 10 seconds a black one, and then after another 10 seconds an actual image from the cam appears. But it’s very close to a still shot or a photo and will only update irregularly every 10 or 20 seconds.

Im running on x64 Win7. Obviously, the camera is (hardwaresided) working just fine.
The driver version I’m using is 5.1.1.01577.

I tried to step through the code to see where the high execution time could origin and it seemed like the

CLEyeCameraGetFrame(_campCapBuffer2000); 

might actually most of the times hit the timeout. But that could also be due to debug-stepping. Just an indication.

Edit: When using the camera with Java(/Processing), the video output is also just fine.

Did anyone else come across this problem? I looked up the forums, but could not find anyone with a similar problem.

Thanks and regards,
ankurra

Posted: 07 November 2012 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-10-25

So, is there going to be any response on this?

I’m willing to give any information that’s asked for and I will follow any hint on how the problem could be fixed or discretized.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed