PS3eye crashes anything that the video is being sent to.
Posted: 27 March 2012 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-03-26

I have tried to link the webcam to three different programs now and the second the feed from the camera comes up on the program the program crashes. The microphone is working fine it is just the video.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have searched around and haven’t found anything.

I am on Windows 8 Consumer preview

Any help is appreciated

-Kyle

Posted: 28 March 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-28

hi I’m having the some problem. but the camera image come up if i use the Multi-Camera WPF test. but not on anything else.

Posted: 29 March 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-27
ryan.unity - 28 March 2012 03:53 PM

hi I’m having the some problem. but the camera image come up if i use the Multi-Camera WPF test. but not on anything else.

I got the camera to work on my surveillance program but not on skype or anything that serves an actual purpose for me. Also on one program I got an error saying it ran out of memory. Would this have anything to do with it?

Posted: 14 April 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-14

Same here. It’s driving me crazy. I was using version 5.x on Windows 7 just fine. Updated to Windows 8 32bit and it stopped working. I just reinstalled Windows 8 CTP 64bit and it is still not working. Any time an application attempts to load the video from the PS3 Eye it crashes. If I load the camera feed from a Flash app it crashes Internet Explorer. CL Eye Test app crashes on start immediately. CC 1.5 Crashes immediately.

Please help! :(

Posted: 14 June 2012 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-06-14

Having the same problem here on Windows 8 Release Preview 64 bit.
Crashes Skype, CL-Eye Test, and any browser applications.
Microphone doesn’t seem to have this problem.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed