videoInput library (Theo Watson) & CLEyeMulticam compilation/runtime problems
Posted: 22 March 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-02-23

Hi,
I have a strange problem where I have no clue what the problem is:
I try to run a QT Application (VS2008 as dev.environment) but I can’t get running the videoInput Library from Theo Watson and the CLEyeMulticam lib at the same time.
If I only have the videoInput lib in my solution I can access one PS3 camera via the videoInput lib (I’ll guess via DirectShow).
As soon as I include a class file (ofxPS3) to my solution with some code that calls some of the CLEye functions I’ll get a “access violation” when I try to access the camera with the videoInput lib, even If i have no reference to the CLEye classes (no #includes to some CLEye related classes only the classes stay in my VS-Solution).
I can only prevent this issue if i use a compiler flag /OPT:REF so the unused classes are not included.

I realize the same problem with CCV where you also can’t get a connection with the videoInput Lib to a PS3 camera where both Libraries are used.

I don’t know how my application or the compiler can allocate some resources that I never use. Are there some compiler settings that i have to consider?
It seems that the compiler does something weird I don’t understand.

Thanks

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed