Problem installing v3.0.0.0901 driver under 7 x64
Posted: 08 January 2010 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-01-08

Because the new driver lacks high framerate support I wanted to revert to the old dirver, but it fails to install the actual driver.

The installer finishes ok, but all it does seems to install the Visual Studio Runtime DLL for x86 and the test applications and shortcuts.

Posted: 08 January 2010 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
Wolder - 08 January 2010 10:10 AM

Because the new driver lacks high framerate support I wanted to revert to the old dirver, but it fails to install the actual driver.

The installer finishes ok, but all it does seems to install the Visual Studio Runtime DLL for x86 and the test applications and shortcuts.

The old driver was released prior to Win 7 x64. Therefore we didn’t have a way of testing the driver on that OS.
We recommend you using the new CL-Eye SDK if you require higher capture frame rates in your applications.

AlexP

Posted: 13 January 2010 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-01-07

I also have a problem installing on Win7 x64 Ult with UAC on high, med, low and off, though I am using the newest version. It mentions that “A referal was returned from the server”.

Any sugestions or questions about my setup?

Signature 

Robert L. Sawyer III

SawyerIII @ Assorted

Posted: 14 January 2010 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
sawyeriii - 13 January 2010 12:54 AM

I also have a problem installing on Win7 x64 Ult with UAC on high, med, low and off, though I am using the newest version. It mentions that “A referal was returned from the server”.

Any sugestions or questions about my setup?

Please try this:

1. Go to: Start -> Run and type GPEdit.msc

2. Look in: Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options

3. Find (towards the bottom) policy: User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated

4. You probably have security setting set to Enabled for this policy. If that’s the case, set it to Disabled.

5. Do:  Start -> Run and type GPUpdate.exe and wait until it finishes.

After this, you should be able to install the driver.

AlexP

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed