FreeTrack 2.2.0.279 and Falcon 4AF
Posted: 11 November 2011 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-11-11

I’ve been using FreeTrack v2.2 with the latest CL-Eye drivers, and I must say how wonderful the performance is!  However, I have an issue that seems to be plaguing many users, particularly the ones who use the setup with Falcon 4 Allied Force.  FreeTrack opens and begins tracking without a hitch, but when I start the F4AF executable, the red light on the camera blinks once or twice.  Then I get no tracking in the sim.  If I alt-tab back to the desktop and look at FreeTrack, the image looks as it does in the CL-Eye Test app…in other words, like a normal image (versus the “red” image seen when tracking is functioning properly). 

It seems as though the camera is changing something upon entering the F4AF program.  I wonder if this is a problem with the PS3Eye.ax DirectShow filter; if so, are there any modifications that can be made so as to prevent this hiccup?  Everything works properly when I use the original OmniVision drivers (which use YUV2 format).  However, the tracking is not as accurate with those drivers, and I do not want to use FreeTrack 2.1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Michael

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed