PSEye not registering with Skype
Posted: 18 March 2011 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-03-18

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I am not very good at this and have spent the past two hours going through previous topics hoping to find my issue but to no avail.

I have the latest versions of Skpe and CL drivers.  I have tried uninstalling all the drivers and reinstalling them, with restarts in-between each step with no more success.

The PSeye works flawlessly with CL test.  When I open up Skype, it is unable to detect a webcam.  If I have CLtest open at the same time and restart skype it will register the webcam, but only as a black screen.

Any ideas what I need to or could do?

Thank you

Posted: 19 March 2011 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-03-18

I did get the eye working finally as a webcam…however it stopped working as a microphone. 

Within the registry there were still refrences to the old webcam (uninstall must not have worked properly, nor the registry editor), but once I deleted those it all worked better.

Posted: 26 March 2011 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-03-26

Ok, Here is what you do Open your Cl-eye test. Restart skype then open it again while having the Cl-eye test open, Now skype will register it as a webcam then go to skype settings and switch it off as a microphone and it will work as a webcam. Let me know if this helps.

Posted: 21 May 2011 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-05-21

Hello I tried what you said but Skype do not see it neither Windows. Please help me ! I do noy see the camera as a webcam I think.. It works only as Microphone

Posted: 21 May 2011 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-05-21

Ok I plugued / replugued in another USB Port and now Skype see it smile

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed