Effect of “Cubic” module?
Posted: 07 February 2011 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-01

Hi!

In my scenario I would like to use CL Studio to straighten the image of an camera with an fish eye lens.
Using the “skew” parameter of the “Transform” module is not enough to un-distort the image, so I now wonder which module could be useful to correct the image? Based on the name, the “Cubic” module seems interesting, but I was not able to find a description of it’s effect. Is it the right tool? Which other modules could help in removing the fish eye distortion?

Another small question: Is there some kind of overview _which_ modules are included in which license pack? Would we have to purchase the “Live” version to use e.g. the “Cubic” module or would the “Lite” version suffice?

Kind regards,
Stefan

Posted: 08 February 2011 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-01

Hi there…

Once again I can (partially) answer myself:
After buying the “Lite” license I had to discover that the “Cubic” module is not included… downer
Here is the list of the modules I have in the “Lite” version, so hopefully others are not disappointed after buying a license:

Input:
* Camera
* Media
Output:
* Display
* DS Proxy
Mixers:
* 6 Port Mixer
2D:
* Transform
* Water
3D:
* Flat Tunnel
Blur:
* Blur Zoom
Colors:
* Blend
* Color Tone
* Grayscale
Distort:
* Frosted Glass
* Wave
Pattern:
* Circles
* Star
* Tiles
Stylize:
* Emboss
* Vectorize
Time:
* Bullet Time

Has anyone got an idea which of these modules could be useful to do some sort of fish eye correction?

Kind regards,
Stefan

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed