How do you use multiple cameras?
Posted: 13 December 2010 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-12-07

I have been using AlexP’s PS3Eye driver for a long time now in my weekly live broadcast
(example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7yNkcEjd4)

However, I just bought a second PS3Eye because I want to add additional cameras to my broadcast (I eventually want to expand up to four). So I purchased the Platform QUAD pack.

Right now I have 2 cameras hooked up to my computer. They are both installed correctly and the CL-Eye Device Manager has activated them both. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to use the second camera in ANY program. Not Wirecast, not uStream, not Justin.TV, and not even CL-Eye Test! How do I get my computer to recognize both cameras?

I have tried emailing CL support directly, but it looks like they dont give support to anyone unless you bought CL Studio.

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Posted: 15 December 2010 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2010-02-15

I have had good experiences with support for the packs. Alex was very nice to me but to be fair that was before he released CL Studio so I don’t know if that has changed.I know it doesn’t matter to you but he may be busy writing the Kinect driver.

Posted: 15 December 2010 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-12-07

Well everytime he does respond to me, its basically with “Buy CL Studio”...

Which is fine… I would be willing to buy CL Studio, if he gave me a refund for the worthless QUAD pack I purchased.

Posted: 06 February 2011 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-01-02

Hi Jason. That’s exactly what happened to me. I was promised DirectShow support for 2 camera’s was on the roadmap many months ago, but with the new CL products appearing it seems that doesn’t mean anything.

Posted: 04 June 2011 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-06-03

This site looks like it’s gonna be very helpful for people.

Posted: 20 September 2011 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-20

Yes i am agree with your words.This post discussion is very useful one.I use only SONY products like cam and these resolution and feature quality is very high.

Signature 

We are FinTax Experts that offering Outsourced Bookkeeping Services, Outsourced Tax Prepration Services and other Financial Services to its client in US, UK, Canada and Australia.

Payroll Outsource

Posted: 29 November 2011 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-29

i have not used multi cameras yet..so not knowledge about this.

Signature 

fastest way to lose fat

Posted: 04 March 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-04
samuelgray - 29 November 2011 02:35 AM

i have not used multi cameras yet..so not knowledge about this.

Similar to you. I used only one camera before, but I decided to install a second camera on my PC. Is there some suggestions? The CL support seems not good.

Signature 

remote spy, web filter, monitoring software

Posted: 15 October 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-10-15

I have 2 camcorders set up to my computer. They are both set up properly and the CL-Eye System Administrator has triggered them both. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to use the second photographic camera in ANY program. Click here Drug Rehabs

Posted: 21 June 2013 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-05-30

I am pretty sure that the multiple camera packs are for using the SDK. The CL Eye Platform Driver is for a single camera only and allows you to use the PS3 Eye with other programs. If you want to use multiple cameras it seems like the options are the program your own solution using the SDK or buy CL Studio Live.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed