Igoogle / google chat
Posted: 15 September 2010 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-17

hi there just wondering if anyone’s had any luck running the ps3 eye with google chat or not

ps2 one works fine and audio on both cameras work perfectly in google chat

the cl eye software works perfectly with all cameras and even googles settings (flash 10 i think) show the cam working in the preview

i think googles chat is flash 10 based but when ive used websites that for example you can cap shots with your cam and up load them work fine just somehow i cant get google chat to work audio and visual

anyone any ideas ? or even had any luck useing it with igoogle as it may just be my pc settings i have wrong

Posted: 27 September 2010 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-05-10

At this time I have gone through the settings in Flash for correct rights to the CL EyeCam, and it does not affect the inability of GVoice/GChat to turn the Ps3EyeCam on.

Skype works fine.
YouTube Upload works fine.

GVoice / GChat uses a software stub unlike Youtube.
Chances are that -it- is doing something Unconventional.
-sean

Posted: 14 October 2010 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-05-10

Interesting,

YouTube Upload works with 4.0.1.0217, 4.0.1.05xx, and 4.0.2.2005.  So does sillywebcam’s online test.

Google Talk / GChat does not, but appears to be requesting an unconventional screen size, and so far the driver is not playing nice with it.

The only conclusion that gets me closer is the Video Preview in flash settings where the Camera Icon is selected, and the correspondent dimensions are different for the video image shown. (I can tell by the Size of my head…)

Meh. I guess thats why I have a Lenovo S10 Pinkpad…

-sean

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed