Multiple camears in 1 different applications
Posted: 20 August 2010 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-20

Hi,

I just purchased the CL-Quad pack, hoping it might solve some of my issues, but I’m not sure if I’m trying to use this software for the correct solution.

I know that programatically I can access more than one camera’s feed simultaneously, and I’m hoping I can eventually get the source code for the software I’m using so that I can go down that path. However in the mean time, is there a way for me to access 2 PS3 cameras as 2 entirely separate devices at once?

As a simple example, say I open Skype and Google Chat, (2 closed source applications which use webcams). In these applications I can select between a “PS3 Camera” and my built in “i-Sight”, however I don’t have the ability to chose between the two PS3 cameras connected.  I’m wondering if its possible to have the situation where I see “PS3 camera 1” which Ican select in Skype, and “PS3 Cmera 2” which I can select in Google chat.

Is this possible with these drivers?

Posted: 02 September 2010 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-01-02

You bought the pack for nothing, it doesn’t do that.
I did the same thing in April.

Giving each camera it’s own DirectShow entry was already ‘on the roadmap’ back then (source). An update on how soon we could expect this feature would be nice. It’s especially frustrating because it seems such a small effort to add this feature. The current driver can already add 1 camera to the list, I don’t see the difficulty in making it add more than 1.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed