Vista asking for reboot repeatedly after driver installation
Posted: 27 June 2010 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-06-27

Hey, I tried to install your newest driver on my laptop with Vista 64-bit, and it tells me I should reboot to complete the driver installation. But it does this every time I reboot, without anything actually happening.

The PS Eye shows up in the device manager under ‘CodeLabs Devices’ but with a yellow mark, and whenever I try to use the camera, both ManyCam and your own test software says no camera found. In your device manager, I don’t see either the built-in webcam from my laptop nor the PS Eye.

The microphone works fine though, I have used it for Skype calls.

Please help me, thanks in advance. smile

Posted: 27 June 2010 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Rainbird,

Did you fully complete the driver installation? Are you running Vista SP1 or SP2?

Posted: 27 June 2010 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-27

The installation was completed with no trouble what so ever, and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but with no effect.

Service Pack 2.

Posted: 28 June 2010 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Please make sure you uninstall any previous version of the driver before installing the new one. It seems that you have some conflicting camera driver files on your system.

Posted: 10 July 2010 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-10

I am having the EXACT same problem as Rainbird.  My laptop has no built-in webcam, so there are no drivers for webcams that existed on my computer before I tried to install the CL-Eye driver.  I installed it, it told me to restart.  When it came back up, it wanted to install the driver again, and told me to restart again.  Over and over and over.
When I tried the Test Eye, it said that there was no camera found.  :(

I’m not sure what to do now…any suggestions?? smile

Posted: 10 July 2010 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

skeletonsoup,

When I was talking about preexisting drivers I was referring to the older version of PS3 drivers. Are you logged in as an administrator? It may be that you don’t have enough privileges to install the driver and that’s why it fails.
What is the OS that you are running (ie XP/Vista/Win7/x86/x64)?

Posted: 10 July 2010 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-10

Oh, I guess I misunderstood! smile 

I am logged on as the Administrator and I have Windows Vista 32-bit.  It seems to do everything properly, and it tells me that the installation was successful and then to restart.  You know the rest smile

Thanks!!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed