Plug - unplug cameras
Posted: 06 June 2010 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-02-02

Hello,

I have a problem while plugging my cameras. I use 4 cameras with my face tracking program and every time i switch off my computer i have to unplug and then plug cameras before launching my program, in the same order i would like to use them.
Is this normal that with CLEye Driver installed, i have to do this every time ?

My computer: Windows 7 Professional Edition (32-bit)

Posted: 07 June 2010 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2009-12-28

Is it something like this your looking to do?
http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/114/

When coding your program, you would store all your cameras GUID’s in an array and then initialise them in the correct order so that every time you run your program, no matter whhat order your cameras were plugged in, they will be initialised i nthe correct order.

I hope its something like this your looking for ?

Regards,
Alan

Signature 

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it, build it and Open Source it!” http://www.alangunning.com

Posted: 07 June 2010 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-02-02

Thanks for your quick answer, i’ve seen your recent post about putting cameras in the same order but the problem is while turning on my computer.
When i switch on my computer and run my program i see “No PS3 Eye detected” so i have to unplug and plug them.
I wanted to know if this is usual or if we’ll always have to plug cameras every time after booting.
Once i’ve done this they are in the correct order.

Posted: 14 June 2010 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-02-16

we had the same issue..we don’t tested yet, but it seems that when you reboot the pc, the usb stay on and the eye camera doesn’t disconnect…try unplugging the pc power cable after shutdown, it should works..

so to solve permanently the problem you should add a pci usb port that goes off when pc is rebooted or shoutdown, and connect the camera into new ports!

let me know if it solves!

Posted: 22 June 2010 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-02-16

same issue here.

i have tried do add an external via chipset based usb controller, but it gives me video corruption and when i reboot or shutdown, without turn off the pc(without cut off current), i have to disconnect and reconnect usb camera cable to be able to use them.

i ll try with another controller and i hope to fix this.

Posted: 02 September 2010 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-09-02

I’ve noticed this with my system (Vista X64) as well.  I get the “No PS3 Eye Detected” message. When I look at the Vista Device Manager, there is no entry for “CodeLabs Devices”.  When I unplug/plug my camera, then the device appears and FreeTrack is happy.  Is this an install problem?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed