XP 32 Bit install hanging
Posted: 28 April 2010 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-04-28

Hi,
I’ve read around the forum, but I haven’t seen my issue.  I’ve tried to install the driver with varying levels of success, but never 100% working.  I’m now trying to start from scratch, but not even sure if I am because I have tried to install a few times…

I’ve seen conflicting instructions, so I’m not exactly sure what I need to be doing with XP 32 bit.

I have downloaded 4.0.1.0217

I have the camera NOT plugged in.  I run the installer.

I get a popup telling me I’m running XP and that I need to plug in the camera.

->AREA OF CONFUSION<- When I plug in the camera, the found new hardware runs-what are we supposed to do here? ignore it and complete the other install?  Run the found new hardware install?

if I ignore the wizard and continue with the Code Labs install, the installation gets about 90% done and gets to the wdreg.exe file and then hangs.  It never progresses past that point.

So what do I need to do here
Thanks!

Posted: 29 April 2010 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-28

Boy, this sure is frustrating…

I see lots of other people have had problems with the newest driver, so I’m trying an older driver.  4.0.0.1223

I have yet to see the CL-Eye test start and then exit without having to ctrl-alt-delete and force it to quit.

I plug in the camera, and it shows up in device manager as PS3 Eye.

When I start CL-Eye test, I just get a black screen.  I can go into the menu options, but as soon as I choose an option, the program stops responding and I have to force quit it…

Please help!!!

Posted: 29 April 2010 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

What are the specs of your system:

- Laptop or Desktop?
- CPU type and speed
- Memory GB?
- USB controller?

AlexP

Posted: 30 April 2010 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-28

Hi,

-Desktop

- Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+

- 2 Gig

- erm….just one of the ones on the back of the mobo-but it is 2.0

Update: I was able to install this older version of yours: PS3Eye Setup v2.0b81019 without a problem.

The issue though is that I’m trying to use the cam in Visual Jockey, and I’m real new to this, and Visual Jockey is still not seeing the driver-not sure if the newer versions of your driver address this issue, but the PS3 has been recommended for Visual Jockey from other forums…

Thanks for any help!

Posted: 30 April 2010 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

What is the XP version and service pack you are running?
You should not use the older drivers. Using the older drivers will potentially cause problems with newer drivers if they are not uninstalled properly. On top of that, there are many fixes that were introduced between v2.0b81019 and the latest version. So I strongly encourage you to go with the latest version.

Posted: 01 May 2010 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-28

I am running XP Pro SP 3.

OK, I installed the newest driver, and I am capturing video with the CL-Eye Test software.  Unfortunately, I’m just not sure if things are working right or not.

Questions:

1) In the newest version, will “CL-Eye Driver” and “Vimicro UBB2.0 UVC PC Camera” now show up as two separate programs in the start menu?

2) Will this driver work to capture in Adobe Premiere?  I ask because it seems to be working in VirtualDub, but not premiere (and still not VisualJockey)

Thanks for your help.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed