A host of issues with my computer
Posted: 08 August 2015 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-08-08

I’m simply having too many issues with this driver to possibly track down all the good information on here. So, here is my list of problems. Time is a factor, and is limited to describing my problem, and not spending all day reading partially related issues that other people are having.

I may just abandon this idea altogether, but since I paid my 3 bucks, I figured that someone would be friendly enough to reply with some definitive fix-or-fail for these drivers.

Old motherboard, ASRock A780GXE/128M with supported 1.1 and 2.0 USB (although, I have a guesstimate that this is the culprit)
Drivers are all up-to-date, and I have the latest BIOS for this motherboard.

4 gigs ram, AMD Phenom Black edition 2.9 ghz CPU

Audio - M-Audio M-Track Quad (run on USB, not Firewire)

Windows 10 (but the exact same set of issues happen in windows 7, too)

Upon first open of the test application I get an error about video decoding problem, but the live feed is functioning. Although, not without scrambling to static frequently; twice a minute or so. The video does work in Skype, but here is where the next problem comes in.

Using the camera in any application that uses both audio and video cause the Eye to make a ‘snap’ sound about twice a second, and the red light on the Eye flashes at each ‘snap’. So, I am assuming that this is a USB power issue, or simply and USB bandwidth issue. The video and audio are transmitted without these interruptions, but the snapping sound is far louder than the person on the other end. It also interrupts their audio, so that I don’t miss a single electric-popcorn-crackle.

Skype will not ‘capture’ a profile photo. It does, however, display a live feed, but the capture image is always blank. Other software does not have this issue, but is a mute point in comparison to the other issues.

Audio works great, actually, but not in combination with video.

Video recording does work, with audio and video. But beyond that… snap, snap, snap… right? Yeah. I do not blame the coders for these issue on any level. My system is unique, and used is non-common ways (vague, sorry). The combination of old computer, and mismatched hardware does complicate the issue as well.

I probably left out a host of information that could useful for an accurate reply from a substantially nice individual, but I offer a big pre-thanks to anyone that has at least considered what fixes may be available to me.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed