Tried to reinstall drivers, but no longer free!?
Posted: 23 April 2015 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-04-23

I remember downloading the CL-Eye drivers a few years ago, free, no problem.

Recently, I decided to dust off my PS Eye to see if it would still work on my laptop, but it wouldn’t properly connect. Some time ago, I had to uninstall various drivers to fix a hardware conflict that was preventing my DS3 controller from working properly, and I likely uninstalled the CL-Eye drivers by mistake. Windows tried its usual “connect to Windows Update to find a driver that doesn’t officially exist” and from what I could tell, only installed the drivers for the microphones in the Eye and not the camera. So, basically, I have a stereo mic. I tried opening up the CL device manager to see if there was anything there that’d help me reinstall the drivers, but there isn’t that I can tell. So, I tried re-downloading and reinstalling everything from scratch, but then I ran into a serious problem: THE DRIVERS ARE NO LONGER FREE!? I mean, SERIOUSLY!? Why all the sudden do I have to pay for something that was free? I already own the camera, and I’ve used it before and quite often, and suddenly being blocked off by even as little as a couple of bucks quite frankly pisses me off! (If you’ll excuse the language.)

Right now, I don’t care if it’s an update or anything, in fact I’d consider it even worse if the charge is for the same drivers I’ve been using, I just want the camera re-installed so I can use what I ALREADY OWN! I’m not paying for something that was formerly free and especially if it hasn’t changed, and if it has, than at least give me the last free version since that worked well and fine enough for me.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed