capture software
Posted: 31 January 2010 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-01-21

Hello,

As i am playing around with computer vision (with openCV) and the eye and your framework, i was wondering if anyone knows a good, simple and free capture software to use with this framework. It would be handy if it can capture at 60fps (or there around). It would be easy to test my sofware with the same input everytime instead of live input. And use the camera input ones it works.
I tried amcap, but it saves the video in some strange format that i couldn’t get open in my openCV program or media player classic. It opened in videolan, but that needed to buffer every few frames.

Posted: 31 January 2010 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2009-12-28
triberraar - 31 January 2010 06:35 AM

I tried amcap, but it saves the video in some strange format that i couldn’t get open in my openCV program or media player classic. It opened in videolan, but that needed to buffer every few frames.

Hi triberraar,

I pretty sure that amcap by default does not add the .avi extension when saving the captured video, thats why it looks like a weird file format. If you rename the captured video file and add the .avi file extension, it should play within most media players. Or you can just add the extension while saving the file name to save the video to.

once renamed with the .avi extension, all my videos captured with amcap opens in wmp, media player classic and most other media players….

hope this helps,

Alan

Signature 

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it, build it and Open Source it!” http://www.alangunning.com

Posted: 31 January 2010 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-01-21

yeah i noticed that and added the extension, but it doesn’t work. I have the same going on with the test app that comes with the driver from the framework

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed