Directshow multiple ps3eye cameras
Posted: 06 December 2013 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-12-06

Hi,

I needed two 60fps cameras/webcams to stream live, the ps3eye was the best solution considering it’s price. I bought the CL double pack to be able to be able to use them and activated both of them successfully. But now when I go to select video source in my streaming program (or the ps3eye test) it only recognizes one. Or rather I believe they’re recognized as the same source and one camera is overriding the other (speculation). After a bit of snooping around I tested out the live studio and was able to output the individual cameras on their own directshow entry. Though the price of that program seems too much for doing the simple task I’m looking for, I mean I already payed for the double driver haha

But it at least showed me it’s possible.

Both cameras are plugged through USB on the same machine, I believe they’re the same model (different HWID).

Is there a simple to accomplish this? I know nothing about programming so I’m kind of stumped. I’m a hardware guy and work more with VDHL/verilog :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated ^^

Posted: 04 May 2014 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-05-04

Also would like input on this issue.

-Thanks

Posted: 29 January 2015 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-01-28

Did anyone get this figured out?  Supporting multiple cameras is a pretty desirable feature.

Posted: 18 March 2015 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-03-18

I would also like to know if more than one webcam is supported individually (as an individual feed from one usb) at one time.

Posted: 06 April 2015 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-04-04

Same question here, I am trying to use two PS Eye cameras for streaming in OBS. the SDK didn’t enable this, and it sounds like the double activation pack doesn’t work properly with the kind of application I want to use as well? Does anything you people sell allow an end user to just use two cameras somehow? I want very little to buy even more software when I have no guarantee that this simple feature is possible to use.

Posted: 15 April 2016 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2016-04-14

so where would I go to look for information since it’s so hard to find on this website?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed