Rookie here - CL Eye capture problem.
Posted: 21 February 2013 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-02-18

Hello,

I’m new here. I’ve been programming in C++ for a longer time, but never used such SDK, so here I’m quite new, but lets get to the facts.

I’ve downloaded the driver and SDK (latest from this site).

I’m using CodeGear RAD Studio - C++ Builder 2007. I need to build a simple app to capture a single frame (or actually to take photos on demand and send it to a microcontroller though UART). The idea by me SO FAR is to get the frame into a byte buffer and save it as a txt file with “u8,” format inside - then, I’d look at it through matlab and the “temperature map”. I know it sounds twisted, but as I said, I’m not familiour with SDKs in this aproach and OpenCV as well.

Now, to the main point.

I’v converted the CLEyeMulticam.lib through coff2omf.exe, so that Builder wont shout at me smile and added the new lib and header to my project directory.

I’ve startet a new VCL project and first tried to test, if the library recognises my camere. Oh, I’ve almoust forgot - I didn’t use the Device Manager to activate the camera - I’m using it for my own purpose, not commertialy (I understand, that I don’t need to do anything here, righ?).

Based on sample apps, i managed to get the camera count - one plugged in. I receive the propper UUID (the same as shown in DeviceManager). I create a camera (320p, mono_raw, 30.0) and configure it everything to auto.

From this point, if I destroy the camera, it is OK.

But, when I start the camera and then stop it and want to destroy it (so far without any capture) RAD Studio say that there is an memory access violation and breaks the program.

the same thing is when I want to capure a frame. after Start I call GetFrame, with pointing to a byte table for u8 pucBufor[320*240*1]; I stop it and want to destroy it. GetFrame is the only one, which returned false.

Don’t know what to do. Please help
GrzesiekG (PL)

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

The SDK is built and supported in Visual Studio 2010 and up. I am not sure about the support in CodeGear RAD Studio.

Grzegorz Grzęda - 21 February 2013 01:06 AM

Hello,

I’m new here. I’ve been programming in C++ for a longer time, but never used such SDK, so here I’m quite new, but lets get to the facts.

I’ve downloaded the driver and SDK (latest from this site).

I’m using CodeGear RAD Studio - C++ Builder 2007. I need to build a simple app to capture a single frame (or actually to take photos on demand and send it to a microcontroller though UART). The idea by me SO FAR is to get the frame into a byte buffer and save it as a txt file with “u8,” format inside - then, I’d look at it through matlab and the “temperature map”. I know it sounds twisted, but as I said, I’m not familiour with SDKs in this aproach and OpenCV as well.

Now, to the main point.

I’v converted the CLEyeMulticam.lib through coff2omf.exe, so that Builder wont shout at me smile and added the new lib and header to my project directory.

I’ve startet a new VCL project and first tried to test, if the library recognises my camere. Oh, I’ve almoust forgot - I didn’t use the Device Manager to activate the camera - I’m using it for my own purpose, not commertialy (I understand, that I don’t need to do anything here, righ?).

Based on sample apps, i managed to get the camera count - one plugged in. I receive the propper UUID (the same as shown in DeviceManager). I create a camera (320p, mono_raw, 30.0) and configure it everything to auto.

From this point, if I destroy the camera, it is OK.

But, when I start the camera and then stop it and want to destroy it (so far without any capture) RAD Studio say that there is an memory access violation and breaks the program.

the same thing is when I want to capure a frame. after Start I call GetFrame, with pointing to a byte table for u8 pucBufor[320*240*1]; I stop it and want to destroy it. GetFrame is the only one, which returned false.

Don’t know what to do. Please help
GrzesiekG (PL)

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed