Disabling PS3 Eye auto-exposure and -gain
Posted: 04 February 2013 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2013-01-28

Howdy, I am using your PS3 Eye driver and OpenCV. Is it possible to disable the automatic exposure and gain adjustments? Or do I need to use the SDK for that?

Thanks,

Nathan

Posted: 05 February 2013 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-01-28

Okay, please let me try a different approach:

I currently have an application written using OpenCV which is interfacing to a PS3 Eye using the CL-Eye Driver and everything basically works. What I would like to do, however, is disable auto-exposure and auto-gain and set my own values for those. What is the simplest way for me to accomplish this?

Thanks again,

Nathan

Posted: 06 February 2013 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-01-28

For instance, calling cvVideoCapture->set(CV_CAP_PROP_GAIN, 0) generates the error message “setVideoSetting - QueryInterface Error” and calling cvVideoCapture->set(CV_CAP_PROP_EXPOSURE, 100) generates the error message “Error”, quite unlike what happens when I call cvVideoCapture->set(CV_CAP_PROP_FPS, 60) which works as expected.

Assuming I can’t use OpenCV to set these parameters, can I expect to be able to use the CL Eye Platform SDK to set only these two parameters and the rest of my code to still work? Or would I have to switch over to using the SDK for all camera interfacing?

Posted: 06 February 2013 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

To get full control over the camera parameters programmatically please install the SDK and use the API provided.
The SDK comes with various code samples that demonstrate exactly this with OpenCV.

nklatt - 06 February 2013 08:56 AM

For instance, calling cvVideoCapture->set(CV_CAP_PROP_GAIN, 0) generates the error message “setVideoSetting - QueryInterface Error” and calling cvVideoCapture->set(CV_CAP_PROP_EXPOSURE, 100) generates the error message “Error”, quite unlike what happens when I call cvVideoCapture->set(CV_CAP_PROP_FPS, 60) which works as expected.

Assuming I can’t use OpenCV to set these parameters, can I expect to be able to use the CL Eye Platform SDK to set only these two parameters and the rest of my code to still work? Or would I have to switch over to using the SDK for all camera interfacing?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed